Saturday, December 13, 2008

At one end of the sky, a line of blue appeared and like blue ink on a piece of paper, it slowly spread across the horizon. The sun gently began to show up and soon the blue was swallowed up by an ordinary sunlight. A single cloud floated, a pure white cloud, its edge so distinct. A cloud so sharply etched that you could write on it. A new day had begun. What this day would bring? I had no idea!
I watched the single cloud. The cloud did not move an inch. It was stationary--nailed to the spot. I covered my face with my palm. And all of a sudden, the brightness of the sun disappeared. Inside that darkness, I saw rain falling on the sea. Rain-falling violently from the vast sky with no one to see it. The rain strikes but the fishes don't know it is raining. Look at the rain long enough with no thoughts in your head and you gradually feel your body falling loose, shaking free from the world's reality. Rain has the power to hypnotise.
In this rain I stood by the sea, completely drenched--until someone came and rested a hand lightly on my shoulder and I found myself dry again

1 comment:

  1. Is this a wet story or what ?! ;) Just that the climax in this case is dry ;) LOL -Morgan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting