Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Daddy...


somewhere in the crowd of Dads
her mother stood in tears
Proudly watching her daughter
who was wise beyond years.

It was Daddy's day at school
Her mother tried to keep her home
'cause the other kids wouldn't understand
Why she was alone.

She was but not afraid
She knew just what to say
Still her mother worried
For daddy will not come today.

Yet the girl was eager to go to school
To tell everyone about the daddy
Who she never sees
a dad who would never call.

Every child the teacher called
One by one the Dads came by
Second by second time passed
She waited for her turn to make way

At last it was her name that was called
She looked at her mom
Worried, yet she smiled
She told her to go on.


My daddy couldn't be here
'Cause he lives so far.
But I wanted all of you to know
how much he loves me so.

I love my Daddy,
He's my shining star.
If he could, he'd be here.
But the heaven is just to far.

My Dad was in the Army
He died this past year.
He faught for his Country
So we could live without fear.

3 comments:

  1. A very very beautiful poem Brinda... moved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiiiiiiiiii Brinda...

    very good writing... It made me really think abt the child..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting